Or, ask our team a question directly!







How Do I Apply for a Loan?


Climb Application Tutorial Video
How do I talk to a Climb team member?
To speak to a Climb representative, there are several ways you can reach out:
  • Start a live chat with one of our team members by clicking the icon on the bottom-right corner of this page
  • Send an email to hello@climbcredit.com
  • Submit a message on our Contact Page
  • Give us a call at 888-510-0533

We're available 9am–9pm EST, Monday–Friday.

How much should I borrow?

Please reach out to your school's financial aid office to confirm the tuition amount you need to complete your program. Your school also has the ability to update your tuition amount once you have submitted your application, so you can request the full tuition at application submission if you're unsure how much you'll need.

Please note that your school may have a deposit which is not covered by a Climb loan.

Do I have to borrow money if I apply?

Not at all! Our loan application is commitment-free. If you decide before you start class that you don’t need a loan, you can cancel with no penalty. Simply scroll down to the bottom of your Student Portal and click the button to close the application, or reach out to our Student Success Team through live chat on our website, email at hello@climbcredit.com, or over the phone at 888-510-0533. We’re available 9am–9pm EST, Monday–Friday.

How do I request living expenses or change my tuition amount?

We offer additional financing for many of our partner schools. The ability to request living expenses, the maximum amount borrowable, and what the financing can be used for (either general living expenses or laptop purchase) will depend on each specific school and program.

Read More: Living Expenses Frequently Asked Questions

To check living expense eligibly or adjust your tuition amount, simply log into your Student Portal. Once you're logged in, click "go to my application." Scroll down to the financing details section and click "request change." Please enter your desired amounts for living expenses and tuition and press submit. Our underwriting team will review your request and update your application within one business day.

Will applying affect my credit score?

Just applying to check your offer will not affect your credit score.

Once you've submitted your Climb application, we will conduct what is known as a "soft" credit check to evaluate your eligibility. This soft inquiry may be recorded on your credit report, depending on the credit bureau, but it will not affect your credit score.

If you are offered a Climb loan and accept that offer, we will perform what is known as a "hard" pull on your credit once the money is sent to your school. This action will be recorded as an inquiry on your credit report and may impact your credit score.

You have the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain one free credit report from each of the three U.S. national credit reporting agencies during any 12-month period. We encourage you to do so to make sure your reports are accurate.

Why is my application still processing?

There are a few reasons why you did not receive an immediate application decision. These include:

  • You may have placed a credit freeze or FCRA fraud alert on your credit report. If this is the case, please reach out to TransUnion in order to get it temporarily lifted.
  • Additional information/documentation may be needed. This can include your or your co-borrower’s (if applicable) proof of income or proof of residency, age verification, or social security number verification. Documentation may be submitted through your Student Portal or sent via email to hello@climbcredit.com, from the email address submitted on your application.
  • Your social security number may be incorrect. If you mistyped your social security number, we ask that you submit a new application with your correct SSN (this will not affect your credit score).
  • You may be in delinquency or collections. If this is the case, we ask that you settle the delinquency or collections account and provide proof of payment before we can proceed with your application.
How do I submit pending documents?

If you need to submit proof of residency or proof of income, there are a couple ways you can send us your documents:

Please note that borrower documents must either be uploaded to the Portal or sent from the email address entered into the application. If you have a co-borrower and they need to submit documentation, they must either upload documents from their own personal Portal page or send documents from the co-borrower email address entered into the application. Borrowers cannot upload or send documents on their co-borrower’s behalf, or vice versa.

How to submit pending loan documents:





What If I'm Not Approved?


Why wasn't I approved?

If you're asked to reapply with a co-borrower, or are approved for a reduced loan amount, we will send you an Adverse Action Notice (AAN) listing the reasons you were not approved for the amount requested. These may include:

Climb will not disclose your information to your co-borrower and vice versa. We encourage you to give us a call, and we can help you understand the information contained in the AAN.

What can I do to get approved?

There's no limit to how many times you apply, and we only perform a soft credit pull upon application submission. So if your initial application wasn't approved, you can reapply as many times as you need! In this case, there are some steps you can take to increase your chances of approval:

How do I remove negative items from my credit?

There are multiple methods for removing a negative item on your credit.

  • Submit a dispute to the credit bureau: if the negative item is inaccurate, you can submit a dispute to the credit bureau who provided the credit report, either online or through the mail. To submit a dispute online, you need a recently-obtained copy of your credit report. For a mailed dispute, you must include a letter describing your credit report, along with any supporting documentation.
  • Submit a dispute to the business that reported to the credit bureau: additionally, you can send your dispute in writing to the company that reported the negative item. When disputes are made, businesses are required to investigate the claim.
  • Send a pay for delete offer to the credit bureau: if there is a delinquent or past due item on your report that is accurate. you can offer to pay off the full amount in exchange for having the negative item removed. While there is no guarantee that this will be effective, some creditors may take you up on the offer.
  • Request a goodwill deletion: if you've already paid off the account and don't have a payment to bargain with, you might try asking for a goodwill deletion. In this case, you will write a letter to the credit bureau asking for the negative reporting to be amended, describing why you were late and how you’ve since made consistently on-time payments. As with a pay for delete offer, creditors are not required to amend your report, although some may.
  • Wait for the time limit to expire: if none of the above methods work, you can simply wait for the negative items to fall off your credit report. This will take some patience, though — most negative items are on your report for seven years (except for bankruptcies, which last for ten years). Fortunately, negative items carry less weight as time goes on and other, positive items are added to your report.

For more helpful tips on improving your credit, check out our post How to Strengthen Your Credit Score.

How can I request more information about my application?
Please feel free to reach out to a Climb team member with any questions you have about your application and approval decision. There are several ways you can reach out:
  • Start a live chat with one of our team members by clicking the icon on the bottom-right corner of this page
  • Send an email to hello@climbcredit.com
  • Submit a message on our Contact Page
  • Give us a call at 888-510-0533

We're available 9am–9pm EST, Monday–Friday.





I've Been Approved! Now What?


Where can I see my loan terms?

If you've been approved, you can find information about your interest rate, monthly payment, and payment due date on your Approval Truth in Lending Form. This form is sent to you via email, but you can also review it by logging into your Student Portal!

Please review the example Approval Truth in Lending Form below:


How do I sign my loan documents?

When you submit an application, an online account called the Student Portal is created — a link to your Portal will be provided upon submission, as well as sent through email. In the Portal, you'll be able to review and e-sign all your loan documents. If you're having difficulty accessing your Portal or prefer to use another method, you can also sign copies of your documents manually and email photos or PDFs of your signed forms to hello@climbcredit.com. If you are emailing your loan forms, please be sure to send the documents from the email address provided on the loan application.

For a video tutorial of how to e-sign documents in your Student Portal, see below:


What is the deadline to sign loan documents?

Once your application is approved, we'll send you an email containing your loan documents, which can also be viewed and signed in your Student Portal. Once they're sent, you'll have 33 days to sign your documents and finalize your loan.

If you need an extension of your deadline, we'll be happy to help! To reach out to our team and request an extension, please contact us by:

  • Starting a live chat with one of our team members by clicking the icon on the bottom-right corner of this page
  • Sending an email to hello@climbcredit.com
  • Submitting a message on our Contact Page
  • Giving us a call at 888-510-0533

We're available 9am–9pm EST, Monday–Friday.

How do I make changes to my application?

Please reach out to our team if you need to make the following updates:

  • Program name, campus location, start/end date
    • Request must be made through email, from the email address used to submit the application
  • Borrower/co-borrower name
    • Must be shown on credit report or official government-issued ID
  • Borrower/co-borrower address
    • May require submission of new residency documentation
  • Borrower/co-borrower ACH information
  • Income stated on loan application
    • May require supporting documents showing proof of income
  • Tuition and living expense amounts
  • Gender
    • Can be updated through phone or email used to submit the application

The following items can not be updated by our team and will require the submission of a new application:

  • Borrower/co-borrower social security number
  • Borrower/co-borrower email
  • Switching the application between full-time ;and part-time
When and where will you send the loan funds?

After your loan is finalized and your school has verified your enrollment, we’ll send your tuition funds directly to your school.

If you qualify for and have financed living expenses, we will send funds directly into your bank account when we send the tuition to your school. We estimate funds to be disbursed four weeks after your course begins, and your living expenses should be arriving within 1–3 business days of the disbursal date on your loan documents; this date is subject to change if the details of your loan are updated after your loan has been finalized.





How Do I Pay Back My Loan?


Who do I make my loan payments to?

Climb partners with University Accounting Service (UAS) to handle billing and payments for your loans.

Through your UAS account, you can pay via ACH (auto-pay from your bank account), credit card ($6 convenience fee for credit card payments), or personal check. Most of our borrowers choose to pay by ACH, because they don’t have to worry about late payments. As an added bonus, we’re able to reduce your interest rate as long as you’re signed up for automatic ACH payments.

After your loan is funded, you'll receive your first bill from UAS (by email and/or physical post). At that time, you will be able to create a student account at the UAS registration page using your Social Security Number or your Climb reference number. This will enable you to make payments, set up recurring payments, and manage your account settings.

You will also receive regular loan-related communications from UAS, including payment reminders, end-of-year tax information, and, if necessary, information on late or missing payments. Read our blog post on student loan servicers to learn more about who they are and what they do, or check out the infographic below!

Loan Servicer Infographic

How do I connect my account for automatic payments (ACH)?

During your Climb application, you will be provided an ACH Auto-debit Authorization Form. This will connect your account to automatic payments and give you a .25% interest rate reduction. If you later want to add or remove automatic payments after your loan is funded, you can reach out to our loan servicer University Accounting Service (UAS) to connect or disconnect your bank account.

You will see this rate reduction applied to your monthly statements coming from UAS for the entire time you are enrolled in ACH auto pay. If you unenroll from auto pay, you will no longer receive the rate reduction.

What if I'm having trouble paying back my loan?

In order not to fall behind on your Climb loan payments, you can request a deferral of payments on your loan. A deferment will allow you to temporarily reduce your monthly loan payment amount.

To process your request, we kindly ask that you contact Loan Science, our loan service partner at https://www.loanscience.com/contact/borrower or by calling (866) 311-9584.

And in the meantime, feel free to check out our Career Resource Center!

How do I request a loan deferment?

To request a deferral and temporarily reduce your monthly loan payment amount, we kindly ask that you contact our loan service partner, Loan Science. You can reach them by visiting https://www.loanscience.com/contact/borrower or by calling (866) 311-9584.

How do I change my payment and billing information?

To make changes to your payment and billing information, please reach out to our loan servicer University Accounting Service (UAS). They will be able to make the necessary changes to your account.

Need help navigating UAS's website? Check out this tutorial video:


Haven't found what you're looking for? Send us your question!